Metal Channel Strip
Our metal channel strip brushes are constructed using our patented Fullergript technology. This construction firmly anchors brush filaments in place providing greater density, uniformity and durability when compared to staple tufted brushes. A Fullergript strip can be used as a straight strip, coiled, spiraled, or formed into almost any shape.
Metal channel brushes or strip brushes are versatile and durable. They can be customized for a multitude of uses including, bus and door seals, conveyor cleaning and separation, pipe cleaning, fruit and vegetable washing, weather sealing and many other applications. The size of the brush and fill material can be customized to your use. Please fill out our form below to get started designing your industrial metal channel strip brush today.
If you have questions or would prefer to order via phone, give us a call at 1-800-227-2961
Design Your Metal Channel Strip Brush Now:
The Fuller Custom Brush has been a recognized leader in the custom brush industry since 1906. Fuller pioneered and developed the principle of the continuous strip.
This patented brush construction firmly anchors brush filaments in place, thus providing greater density, uniformity and durability when compared to staple tufted brushes. A FULLERGRIPT® strip can be used as a straight strip, coiled, spiraled, or formed into almost any shape.
Strip metal (steel, stainless steel, or aluminum) forms the indestructible backing for Fullergript brushes. The fill material is laid over the heavy gauge metal which is being formed into a U-shaped channel.
Our custom metal channel brushes can be manufactured with a variety of fill materials to choose from including:
- Bassine: Great for cleaning hard surfaces, such as concrete, vinyl, ceramic tile, terrazzo, and linoleum.
- Goat hair: Used in applications requiring a delicate touch, such as cosmetics, dusting, and forensics.
- Horsehair: Used for polishing and cleaning as a less abrasive alternative to synthetic or metal bristles. They also are used dry in anti-static environments or for applying adhesives.
- Polyester: Used for applications that require a bristle with low water absorption, polyester is a good choice. It remains stiff, even in liquid, and is resistant to bacteria and microorganisms.
- Polypropylene: Similar to polyester, polypro, for short, resists water, retains its stiffness in wet or dry conditions, and is bio resistant. The material is largely resistant to typically damaging industrial chemicals or solvents, as well as acids, alcohols, or oils.
- Tampico: Typically used for light scrubbing or cleaning, natural Tampico fiber is highly water absorbent. It also is resistant to heat and chemicals, making it a popular fill for bakery brushes.
- Stainless steel: Known for high corrosion and heat resistance, stainless steel is used in tool fabrication and finishing. Brushes made from this material also are used on conveyors and for heavy-duty cleanings, such as rust, corrosion, and paint removal.
- Steel: Steel is appropriate for use on surfaces that have varying texture and porosity, such as wood, metal, concrete, and stone. Fine bristles are suitable for polishing, while the stiffer wire is used to abrade or remove build-up.